The first traces of the village date back to the Gallo-Roman era.
The Saâne valley was then developed by a road linking Brittany to the maritime areas of northern Gaul.
During the Renaissance, the small village and its surroundings had to face some tragedies: an epidemic of the Black Death, and then a fire in 1740 that destroyed a large part of the village.
It was in the early 1960s that the commune of Val-de-Saâne as we know it came into being, with the decision to unite 4 communes of the Saâne valley (Anglesqueville sur Saâne, Eurville, Thiédeville and Varvannes) due to the depopulation of the villages. A new commune before its time! It is the historian Jehan le Povremoyne who will find the name Val-de-Saâne.